Wednesday 25 July 2012

Dip-Dye-Diaries - Button Down

Hola! Everyone's done it but I couldn't resist, I love it and its super cheap and easy.
This is a lovely shirt that I was donated, a small male button down from Burtons that's a gorgeous sky blue with baby pink cuffs.


 
Just a quick overview of what I did.
  • I tied off how much I wanted to dip dye with an elastic band, filled up half a bucket with boiling water and added half a bottle of cheap thick bleach from ASDA.
  • Starting from the bottom I put 5ish cm of the shirt into the bleachy water for 10 minutes, then put 5 more cm in for 10 and so on until I'd reached the elastic band, keeping it down with a coat hanger.
  • After I'd finished I washed it with cold water to get all the bleach off.





Normally this would have left an ombre effect running from the bottom upwards,except this shirt decided to be unbelievably hench and the colour didn't budge. Annoyed I left it in the bucket over night scrunched up to clear up the next day, and this is what I was left with. 
A beautiful cloudy patchy pink - SO HAPPY.
This will almost defiantly not work for all shirts though, but i would recommend if you have a nasty one leave it and see what happens!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment